Swartland Municipality, with its head office in Malmesbury, services the towns of Malmesbury, Yzerfontein, Moorreesburg, Darling, Koringberg, Abbotsdale, Kalbaskraal, Chatsworth, Riverlands, Riebeek West and Riebeek Kasteel.
The hub of the Swartland offers you the best of two worlds. You work and live in a tranquil, rural environment with all the modern amenities at hand. When you want to get away from it all, Cape Town is barely 60 km away, while various resorts along the picturesque West Coast are literally just around the corner.
The Municipality currently offers the following vacancies to suitably qualified and equipped persons:
Department of the Director: Financial Services
Internship: Financial Management
(V18/15) • Salary Scale: R10 000 - R12 000 pm (total package)
(One-year contract with the option to extend it for another year)
• To be considered for this position you must be in possession of: • Accountancy qualification that must include subjects such as Financial Accountancy, as well as Cost Accounting and Management Accounting • computer literacy in MS Excel, Word and Outlook • a valid Code B driver’s licence • Knowledge of the MFMA will be advantageous • Background of Asset Management will serve as a recommendation • applicants will be subjected to an accountancy assessment
Diensaanvaarding: So spoedig moontlik.
Volledige besonderhede en die voorgeskrewe aansoekvorms kan gedurende kantoorure telefonies aangevra word by mnr. D. Carolus by 022 487 9400 of op ons webtuiste by www.swartland.org.za Voltooide aansoeke waarop die posverwysingsnommers duidelik aangebring moet word en wat gewaarmerkte afskrifte van kwalifikasies insluit, moet gerig word aan die Menslike Hulpbronafdeling, Privaatsak X52, Malmesbury 7299. Geen aansoeke wat per faks of e-pos aangestuur is, sal vir oorweging in aanmerking kom nie. Aansoeke sluit om 12:00 op Vrydag, 9 Oktober 2015.
Laat of onvolledige aansoeke sal nie oorweeg word nie. Twyfelagtige kwalifikasies of dokumentasie sal ’n aansoeker onmiddellik diskwalifiseer. Indien ’n aansoeker binne ses weke ná die sluitingsdatum nog geen terugvoering ontvang het nie, kan aangeneem word dat die aansoek onsuksesvol was. Slegs kandidate op die kortlys sal gekontak word. Die Raad behou die reg voor om geen aanstelling te maak nie.
Swartland Munisipaliteit is verbind to Gelyke Indiensneming en onderskryf die beginsels van Regstellende Aksie. Gestremde persone word derhalwe aangemoedig om aansoek te doen.
Youth workers: Sondeza Afri –Youth camp
If it is your passion to work with secondary school children and be involved with leadership development, this advertisement is for you.
The Sondeza Afri-Youth camp is an initiative of Swartland Municipality and the Sondeza Initiative and is supported by the Western Cape Provincial Government and Absa bank.
The Sondeza camp will be held for the 12th consecutive year at Ganzekraal, a resort on the West Coast, from 4 to 13 December 2015. 60 Grade 10 and 11 learners from secondary schools in the West Coast and 10 learners from England and Namibia, 5 each from Israel and Germany will attend the camp. During the camp the youth will be exposed to different cultures and develop leadership skills through various indoor and outdoor activities. The role of the youth workers is to provide supervision to the youth.
This may be seen as an ideal opportunity for Education and Social Development students who will start their working careers the following year to gain experience in the development of youth.
The work of the 12 youth workers at the camp may be seen as a voluntary contribution to the community, however they will be paid an allowance of R1 000 each for which they must attend the training and be present for the whole duration of the camp. Free accommodation and meals will be provided to youth workers.
• Minimum Grade12 qualification with experience in youth work after Grade 12.
• Degree or Diploma in Education, Social Science or youth work will be a recommendation.
• Between the ages of 22 and 28.
• Must be a South African citizen.
• Provide own transport to Malmesbury for the training.
• Physically fit and healthy for participation in outdoor activities.
• Must be able to speak read and write English fluently.
• Previous involvement with youth development and/or community projects or organisations will be a recommendation.
• Attendance of youth worker training in Malmesbury from 20 to 22 November 2015 for preparation of the camp is compulsory.
• Previous attendance of Sondeza youth camps will be a recommendation.
• A Name Clearance certificate obtainable from your nearest SAPS office must be handed in with the application.
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate the following skills:
• Leadership and supervision
• Taking responsibility
• Group work and support
• Interpersonal skills
• Co-ordination and taking control
• Administrative skills
• Facilitating skills
• Reliability and performance of duties
• Computer literacy
• Ability to work with electronic sound equipment
Successful candidates must attend the youth worker training and the camp for the whole duration.
Applicants must submit a detailed CV with current contact details, a certified copy of their ID document and Name Clearance certificate to Marouise Meyer, Swartland
Municipality, 1 Church Street, Development Services, 2nd floor Malmesbury. Telephone number: 022-4879400.
Please provide contact details of at least two leaders at organisations where you were involved with youth work or lecturers at a tertiary institution where you studied for references.
Enquiries: Clerise du Plessis
Closing date: 2 October 2015